I have to admit, I have been looking forward to setting up our baby registry since...well I can't even tell you how long I have wanted to do this. I have always loved looking at baby things in stores waiting for the day that I would need that cute stuff myself. Especially the girl stuff...oh how cute! So now it is finally my turn! Since we moved into our house, we have only one empty room...the baby's room! We have a few things in the closet already but now I want to start getting the nursery ready. So Shawn and I headed out today to tackle the baby registry. Fun! I don't think Shawn had nearly as much fun as I did though :)
First stop, Hobby Lobby. I had decided long ago that I didn't want to buy one of those bundled bedding sets with all the stuff you don't even use (like the quilt and bumper and such). I decided instead that I would go find cute material to use as a template for the color scheme of the room. The material will become curtains. I thought this would be a difficult task, especially trying to get Shawn and I to agree, but we agreed right away! We found something perfect! Shawn already decided that I couldn't do the room in blue (boo) so we decided on some sort of purple. Here is our choice:
The lavender material will be the backing for the curtain panel. I think it is going to be so cute!! So this means that our colors for the room will be lavender and light green. The blue in the curtains means I can throw in some blue too though :) Yay!!
So we headed to Babies R Us for the grand adventure. Oh my. There is so much stuff there! I am pretty sure Shawn was overwhelmed...I was anyway! We discussed registering at Target but decided against it in favor of an Amazon registry. They have everything we would have registered at Target for...and much much more! We were able to add some very important stuff, like Chicago Bears attire (and Indianapolis Colts stuff too), as well as the most important thing for me...a new coffee pot for when little Nora arrives :)
We decided not to register for clothes. We don't have any strong feelings about clothing and people are so good at choosing cute things for girls :) So we'll leave that to our friends and family and then we'll fill in the blanks closer to her arrival.
So if you are interested in the registries you can peruse at your leisure.
So now we just have to restrain ourselves from buying everything we registered for...that will be hard!!
Ooh it's so exciting!! I LOVE the Bears onesies!!
ReplyDelete