Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vacation Season

Summer is upon us and with summer comes vacation season.   Everyone is talking about the vacations they'll be taking this summer.  

All inclusive resorts in Mexico.  
Cruises. 
Trips to Disney.
A beach...anywhere.

Doesn't that sound nice?  I think so.  I think a vacation would be splendid, but maybe some other time.  Or some other year.  Maybe.  

Ever since Shawn and I moved away from our families, our vacations become trips "home."  And now that Nora is here, those trips to see the family become even more important.  In order to have enough time for the 16-19 hour drive (now with a baby - which means no driving straight though) and then to make all the required stops once we get there (we can't go all the way up there without seeing everyone) it is a 2 week trip, minimum.  Not restful at all and there goes all our vacation time for the year, especially since I'm on weekend plan and in grad school as well.  Not that we don't love visiting all our family and friends (we really do love it), I would just really love a real vacation.

Like our honeymoon in Ireland.  That was awesome.

Those were obviously trips with just the two of us, so I know we'll probably not have a vacation like that for awhile.  I did love it like that but I am excited to share some new adventures with Nora.  I can't wait for our first real family vacation. I know Nora's not old enough to appreciate a vacation, but I really want to go on a vacation this summer with just my little family.  I know Shawn would love to take Nora to the beach.  We've been going to the pool over the last few weeks, but the water has been just a bit too cold for Nora.  Shawn and Logan have been enjoying the pool, but the babies not quite yet.  She sure looks cute though :)



We are still working on a possible trip "home" in August between my summer and fall classes, so stayed tuned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment