Friday, July 25, 2014

Starting School

As you have probably heard by now, Nora started daycare this week.  I prefer to think of it as school, because she goes while I am at school and it is for her to socialize, learn and develop..not just to be watched by someone.  She will only be going 2 days a week, on Tuesday and Thursday.  For the summer, those are the days I have class and in the Fall I'll have class on Tuesday, so it will still work out well!

Nora got new shoes and a new Bubble Guppies tshirt for her first day of school!  I almost got her a Bubble Guppies mini-backpack too, but she really doesn't need it yet.  So I put it on her Amazon Wishlist instead...hint hint for grandparents for her Christmas present :)

The first day (last Thursday) went pretty well.  We had a quick breakfast before we left, just because I wasn't sure how well she'd eat there.  Luckily, since I don't have to be at work or anything on these days, she doesn't have to wake up early or be woken up.  Score!

When we got there, she got right out of the car and walked in herself!  We had taken her in on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week to kind of prepare her a bit.  She just stayed in the room with Shawn on Tuesday and then on Wednesday she was left on the playground with her classmates while I went inside to talk to the principal.  She did great so I was hopeful it would continue!


She didn't cry when I left her on the first day or when I picked her up.  Amazing!
The second day (Tuesday of this week) she didn't cry when I left but she cried when I picked her up.  Her teacher (Miss Katie) said she had a great day though.  Intermittently being whiny, but no outright crying.  She napped well and ate well.  Good news!
Thursday was not so great.  She was super clingy all day Wednesday and Thursday morning (so I kinda figured she would be unhappy when I left her).  She screamed and reach for me when I left :(  Just about broke my heart!  Music class was going to be starting in about 5 minutes, so I knew she'd be fine then, but it still hurt to leave her!  When I picked her up, I watcher her through the window of the door for a few minutes as she played happily with her new friends.  She looked like she was having fun.  I opened the door and she saw me...holy cow!  Oh the drama.  Oh the tears! She cried until we left the room then she was fine.  Again, she had been fine all day.

I know she's gonna love it there...it's just gonna take a bit more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment