Not long after Shawn and I moved to Texas we were given a great gift by my awesome daddy...tickets to a Blackhawks game in Dallas and a hotel for the night. We had a great time and decided to make the trip every year, and we have (except for when I was pregnant with Nora/Nora was a newborn.). After Nora was born we didn't want to stop, so we started taking her with us! Her first Blackhawks game was just before she turned 1. She looked adorable in her little jersey and she made lots of friends at the game. Her second game was in March just after she turned 2. She had more fun but was really hard to keep in our laps. Again, she made LOTS of friends at the game and still looked adorable in her jersey. This year, we went just after she turned 3 and she had an even better time! Just look at this progression...
Nora enjoyed the hotel and her awesome cot (best purchase from amazon ever!)...
and our dinner was quite an experience! We went to The Magic Time Machine. We thought it looked like it would be fun, and it was! Nora really enjoyed the costumes the wait staff were wearing and it was the kind of place where it didn't matter that she was jumping around and being noisy. The food was ok, not great but not terrible. We had fun though! They took our picture early in the meal and then brought us this picture toward the end to see if we wanted to buy it. We weren't going to, but we couldn't stop laughing at it so we had to! It's basically the creepiest picture of all time!
We tried a cute little place from breakfast called The Original Market Diner. It was really good!
Then we went to the Galleria Mall, hoping to get Nora ice skating! There was a magic show for the kids right when we got there so we watched that first and then played in the play area. Afterward we went ice skating...or at least we tried to. At least she put the skates on, right?
Game Time!!! As you may or may not know...the Blackhawks traded my favorite (and the most beautiful hockey player ever) to the Star at the beginning of this season. It was definitely weird to watch him in the wrong color at this game! I love me some Patrick Sharp!
Now tell me this is not a beautiful man.... (wish I could say I took this picture though.)
A few months ago I took my Sharp Blackhawks jersey and made it into a messenger type tote bag. I took it the to the game and got LOTS of compliments! Everyone was impressed that I made it. Funnily enough, it was all guys that the liked it!
Nora wasn't really sure when we first got there...but it didn't take her long to get comfy.
Nora loved all the colors, the noise and the music! She was dancing a lot!
Nora was not a fan of the loud music when the Stars got a goal (luckily they only got 1 goal...hehehe).
There certainly were LOTS of Hawks fans...as usual!
Shawn, Nora and I even made it on TV in Chicago a couple of times! What fun!
Final Score: Dallas 1, Chicago 5
As Nora would say...Go Hawks!
I am already looking forward to next year! Maybe next Hawks game can be in Chicago a the United Center with Grandpa???




No comments:
Post a Comment