Friday, January 11, 2013

Counting down...

We've reached the last month.  Wow!  36 weeks of pregnancy down and only a few short weeks to go...I am SO ready!  Well, not necessarily totally ready in terms of having all the things I need or having the house clean or ideas of what we're going to eat, etc, but I'm ready to have her out!

As I have mentioned before, when I hit 35 weeks all those weeks of nice, happy pregnancy came crashing down!  She's been kicking by butt...well not literally, but she has literally been kicking my ribs and jamming her head into my bladder!   It is making it very hard to sleep :(

Today we had another ultrasound and visit with the OB/GYN group.  As I had mentioned, they have been concerned about her size (not just that she's big, but her tummy is really big) and my AFI (my amniotic fluid level).  So weekly ultrasounds it is, along with blood glucose monitoring and low carb diet.  I've been doing pretty well too...not stellar with the diet, but pretty darn good for me (a carb addict!).  It looks like it could be working. 

Her estimated weight this week: 7# 10oz (that's not even a pound in the last 2 weeks!)
My AFI: 24 (Down from 36 last week, less than 25 is normal)
Both are great!

The plan is to keep at the low carb diet, but I can cut back on the blood glucose monitoring a bit.  If the AFI stays normal then we don't have to induce either, which I am happy about but I don't think Shawn is.  He wants to know when she's coming, but an induction would make it much more difficult to have the kind of labor I want.  So as long as her growth stays like it is (even though she'll still be big) and the fluid doesn't skyrocket again, we could be hanging on the full 40 weeks.  We did talk about natural ways to induce labor and start some cervical ripening (sounds nice, huh?).  So we'll starting working on that and she if she won't work her way out in the next few weeks anyway without me needing an induction!  Things are looking good!

Here is a cute picture from her ultrasound today.
 She was moving her mouth around a lot!  See how her mouth is open!  We were joking that she's talking already :)  She was also doing a sucking motion and you could tell she was practicing breathing.  It was so cool!!

Here is a picture from my 34 week ultrasound.  This is her face looking at us...see those chubby cheeks!!  Oh my!!

No comments:

Post a Comment